Monday, October 12, 2009

GIBBY HAYNES HEARTS BUBBLES

THE DREAM

i was in a big school building, trying to figure out where and when my next class (for which i had not done the work) was. on a landing between stair flights was a small breakroom with a refrigerator. on the floor was a miller lite fridge pack and out of the tear-off opening peered my cat bubbles. peering into the refrigerator was none other than texas legend gibby haynes!

i called to bubbles to coax him out of the box as mr. haynes looked on. once i had bubbles safely in my arms mr. haynes commented on him.

GH: that's a good looking cat. i bet you can find a real good home for him.
me: he has a good home. he's my cat.
GH: yeah, i bet a lot of people would like to have a cat like that.
me: i told you, he's MY CAT!
GH: well you better get his ass home then!

-jen kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment